Gakudos are non profit organizations, offering a safe and fun experience for the children and a place where parents are happy to bring their children to. At the centers kids are able to work on their homework, play games with the staff/other children, eat snacks, learn English, do sports etc. Regularly, the Gakudos run events where parents are invited, or arrange excursions. The children at these after-school clubs are usually between 3-10 years old.
We arrange volunteer placements at several Gakudos in Central Tokyo. As a volunteer, you provide assistance to the staff in childcare, in planning and coordinating educational events and workshops, as well as in teaching English and talking English to the children.
Working hours are usually 4-7 hours in the afternoons on 4-5 days per week and volunteers are paid a monthly stipend. However, the stipend is not enough to fully fund your stay in Japan.
There is qualified staff at the Gakudos to supervise internships in pedagogy/education.
Our service package includes:
* Arrangement of your volunteer placement/internship
* Preparation documents (PDF) – including all kinds of practical information for your life in Tokyo
* Intercultural Training via Skype with an intercultural trainer
* Arrangement of accommodation
* On arrival, pick up from Haneda or Narita Airport by public transport and drop to accommodation
* On-site assistance including: e.g. Residents’ Registration Office, Tax number, Opening a bank account and mobile phone contract, Local orientation; assistance with language lessons (e.g. cost-effectively at a Community Centre)
* Bilingual Contact person on site (English and Japanese) for any assistance
* Membership Terms for cheap foods on wholesale
* Assistance with your visa application (incl. arrangement of certificate of eligibility in Japan if required)
The rates mentioned below apply in case of 1 person and include our service package + accommodation at our Guest House in Central Tokyo.
Si vous utilisez notre formulaire de contact, nous vous offrons en plus notre guide de plus de 20 pages « Comment choisir la bonne organisation de volontariat ? » au format PDF. Il contient entre autres une check-list avec plus de 50 critères de sélection pour facilement évaluer vos options.