You can do a virtual internship in the field of anti-racism and anti-discrimination work with an NGO from Israel. For remote internships we cooperate with over 40 NGOs that form a coalition aiming to eradicate discrimination and racism in Israel, to raise awareness of the problems of racial discrimination among decision-makers in the public, actors, including individuals, civil society organizations tTo sensitize politics and society to the work against racism in order to delegitimize it in all its forms.
In addition to Palestinians, the disadvantaged minorities in Israel include Jews of Russian origin, Mizrahim (Jews from the Middle East and North Africa), Ethiopians and refugees. The network also includes human rights organizations that campaign for the rights of women, children and people with special needs.
Well-known lawyers and other leading actors in the subject are part of the organizations and will supervise you as an intern.
Your tasks include:
* Reading and analysis of texts, reports and statistics on the political situation as well as on minorities and disadvantaged groups and their position in Israel
* Writing of texts e.g. about current events, background information, events, current projects, discrimination in everyday life
* Translation activities (English, German, Arabic, Russian, French) depending on the respective language skills
* Communication and public relations - establishing contacts with foundations and organizations, networking
* Preparation of seminars and network meetings
You can decide for yourself how many hours per week you want to do the remote internship (6-40 hours per week are possible). This includes the time you work on tasks that your internship supervisor gives you as well as the time you communicate online (usually 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hours) with him/her. Upon successful completion of your remote internship you will receive an internship certificate.
Si vous utilisez notre formulaire de contact, nous vous offrons en plus notre guide de plus de 20 pages « Comment choisir la bonne organisation de volontariat ? » au format PDF. Il contient entre autres une check-list avec plus de 50 critères de sélection pour facilement évaluer vos options.