Public facilities often lack resources and manpower. Primary schools and daycares frequently voice their need for more funds or helping hands, which is why they are dependent on the support of volunteers. Teaching and nursing staff, as well as "tias" (educators), do their very best to alleviate the worries of the underprivileged children. However, they can only do so much themselves, and are always thankful for any extra helping hand they can get. Something that is particularly devastating is the number of orphans living on the streets. Many of the children have parents that have been sent to jail or children have simply been abandoned. Others live at home with their families, but in a very unstable environment. Due to the harsh conditions that these children and families face, many charitable facilities and children’s homes serve as save shelters and offer both guidance, counseling and adoptions.
Responsabilities may be:
● Support the educators and nursing staff with daily routines
● Supervise children/teenagers
● Encourage creative activities (singing, dancing, painting, playing)
● Help with household duties (cooking, feeding, brushing teeth)
● Organizing extracurricular activities
● Giving lessons in subjects such as English, art, design, and computer courses
● Preparing teaching materials
● Give tutorials/help with homework
Note: The volunteer work described here takes place in different volunteer projects. The participation fee may vary depending on the project. The prices are therefore to be understood as reference prices. Please send us an inquiry, so that we can tell you the exact prices and project information.
Si vous utilisez notre formulaire de contact, nous vous offrons en plus notre guide de plus de 20 pages « Comment choisir la bonne organisation de volontariat ? » au format PDF. Il contient entre autres une check-list avec plus de 50 critères de sélection pour facilement évaluer vos options.